Monday, June 16, 2014

DAY 38. MARYSVILLE, OH TO WOOSTER, OH


Today's ride of 98 miles puts our two day total at just over 200 miles.  

The ride today was through the beautiful Ohio countryside.  We enjoyed rolling Country roads this morning before stopping for lunch.  We found the wonderful WHIFFLETREE RESTAURANT and enjoyed grilled ham , Swiss and tomato sandwiches and homemade Blueberry pie with just out of the icebox homemade ice cream for lunch.



After lunch we worked off our meal.  Rolling terrain turned into steep climbs and fast downhills.  We climbed some 4,500 feet through picturesque landscapes.


We're traveling through the area with the highest population of Amish in the world.....about 32,000 in this County.
On the final descent into town, 2 young Amish children stood at the end of their driveway selling freshly picked strawberries.  Since I had no way of carrying them, I called Jan and asked her to pick up a few quarts for everyone to enjoy as my treat.  She did and we did!

We arrived at the hotel about 30 minutes before the sky's opened up.

Tonight we had a remarkable dinner at a local restaurant in Wooster.  Several of the team enjoyed steak while I had a wonderful Chicken Marsala over pasta.  Several of us enjoyed raspberry Crete brûlée to finish off the meal.  Delicious.  I've probably gained weight on this adventure.  Time to diet when I get home.


Tomorrow is another 92 mile day but I have the treat of seeing Michelle, Mike and Heather at the end of the day.  I only wish Sarah, Mike, Spencer and Graysen could have come but I'll get to see the in Boston  in just over one week.

Best,

Michael

1 comment:

  1. Have a hearty and joyious reunion.
    Your meals are an inspiration.
    Best, M.

    ReplyDelete