Monday, June 2, 2014

DAY 24. McPherson, Ks to Abilene, Ks



Sixty-five more miles today.  After a night of severe weather, the day started out clear but the forecast for Abilene showed a 30% chance of mid-day rain.  

The first 30 miles, as we headed East, went by quickly.  I moved through the first SAG quickly but long enough to have my picture taken with Carol.  Carol is a member of our support team.  She is the kindest, most upbeat and supportive person I have met.  She keeps us nourished, making gourmet snacks out of leftovers.  Carol is leaving us here in Abilene.  I will miss her.

Out of the SAG we're turned North.  The wind came back and the clouds thickened.  

I love watching the cows run to the fence and line up as we pass.  It seems they're there to cheer us on!

I made it to the hotel (actually the Dairy Queen which sat 50 yds from the hotel) before the rain arrived.  I enjoyed a shake and a nap before heading to IKE'S for dinner.  Joann enjoyed a beer as she started to carb load for Wednesday's 105 mile ride

We enjoy having a day off tomorrow in IKE'S hometown


I'm looking forward to breakfast.  We're going to The Hitching Post a spot known for their famous cinnamon rolls.  I'll report on how they compare with my favorite Liz Sue cinnamon rolls.

Best,

Michael

1 comment:

  1. Have a good rest. Spoke to Michelle for a medical update. Stories of the days in Calif and Arizona are fascinating. it is ok to have a beer with Joanne. Paul Newman kept his youthful figure by just drinking beer and exercising.

    ReplyDelete