Wednesday, June 4, 2014

DAY 26. Abilene, Ks to Topeka, Ks

Did I happen to mention that this is the most difficult challenge I've ever tackled? 

Today was supposed to be a 105 mile day but because of an unforeseen detour it turned into a 115 mile day.

I need to thank Carlos (Podium Cycling) and Tom (Team Holland) for making this challenge possible.  They both did a great job preparing me for this adventure.  I rode 115 miles today.  Sure I'm tired after a long day in the saddle but I'm

not beaten up and I'll be ready to tackle the 85 mile distance tomorrow and again on Friday.

The highlight of today was reaching the 1/2 way point of the trip.



Dinner tonight was at Famous Dave's BBQ.  He must be famous in Topeka but I doubt anywhere else.


I found a reminder that it's Father's Day in 2 weeks.....this reminder was found on the roadside in between Abilene and Topeka.

This will be a long week.  I need all the rest I can get.

Missing my riding partner.

Best,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment