Friday, June 13, 2014

DAY 35. CRAWFORDSVILLE, IN TO INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Today was a good day.  Today was a short day, only 59 miles so we arrived at the hotel around noon.  Most of ride was on back country roads past acres and acres of corn fields and fields of soy beans.  The scenery was picturesque.

Alan was able to arrange a tour of the ZIPP wheel factory this afternoon.  For those of you not familar with bikes, ZIPP manufactures (here in Indianapolis) high end carbon fiber bike wheels.  Prices start around $2,800 for a set of wheels and go up from there.



We returned from our tour of this high tech facility, had an hour to clean up before heading out for a Thai dinner.  I didn't know what to expect but the meal was very good.  After our meal we celebrated Geoffrey's 66th birthday.  


Geoffrey is the oldest rider on the tour.  He hails from the UK and is a great guy.

As I sit relaxing with my feet up watching the World Cup, I realize that 2 weeks from today the Tour will be over.  The past 5 weeks have gone by quickly yet we have traveled a great distance.


I have so enjoyed traveling with this wonderful group of new friends.  I only wish Michelle could have enjoyed the whole trip.  I can't wait to have her back riding with us for the final week of the Tour (everyone feels the same way).

Best,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment