Sunday, June 15, 2014

DAY 37. RICHMOND, IN TO MARYSVILLE, OH


It's not fair we had to ride 105 miles on Father's Day.  I should have been relaxing by the pool being waited on hand and foot.

Today's ride was beautiful, riding mostly on small, well paved Country roads.  Early in the ride we crossed our 10th State line into Ohio.  We're getting closer.


We stopped at the 78 mile mark for lunch at THE FARMER'S DAUGHTER restaurant.  I decided to go for another breakfast so I enjoyed my usual 3 eggs and hash browns but instead of toast I orders creeps with strawberrys.  This meal was sufficient to carry me through the final 27 miles.  Alan and Ross had their typical huge meals topped off with pie a la mode.


I found a wonderful wood carving proudly displayed on someone's front lawn.


Tonight will be an early night as tomorrow's ride is 97 miles with 10 miles of long steep hills.

Happy Fathers Day!

Best,

Michael

2 comments:

  1. MB, Almost there. Will you be going to France next to ride in the tour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,
    What an accomplishement. Tell Ross I very much enjoyed his videos... they were spectacular.... especially the music which was hilarious. Let us know when you are planning to pass through Vermont. We will bring Pancakes soaked in maple syrup as a snack. I just completed a trip from Albany NY to Olympia, Wa in 144 hours.. there and back. I tried to spot the gang out the window of the 767, but I think we were too far north. :) M.

    ReplyDelete