Wednesday, June 4, 2014

DAY 25. Rest day Abilene, Ks

Today was our 3rd rest day.  Much of the day was spent resting up for our 105 mile ride tomorrow.

The morning started with breakfast at the Hitching Post.  I had to try their homemade cinnamon roll.  It was good but not as good as the one 'a at Liz Sue. I'm hoping for a FedEx package arrives at our next rest day with 2 or 3 Liz Sue cinnamon rolls.

After breakfast I had my hair cut in town. The gal did a nice job and included a wash........ all for $12.00.

After my haircut I wandered over to the Dwight D Eisenhower
center were I viewed his boyhood home, the memorial where he and his wife are buried, his library and museum.  Very interesting.


I was able to book a massage in the afternoon.  I got a great massage, about 1.25 hours long......,,..the cost.........$48.00!

The rest of the day was spent resting up for the long day tomorrow when we reach the 1/2 way point of the tour.

Best,

Michael

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I suspect the good news, for Thursday is it is relatively flat. I wish you sunshine, moderate temps, and no wind in your face. ( maybe a wind at your back ) As I track your pilgrimage, one wonders how you and the team see the half way point: Is it about accomplishment laced with anxiety that it is only halfway?...or excitement that the exact halfway point does not have another set of rocky mountains in the future? I am thinking about riding my bike to work! Ha.

    ReplyDelete