Saturday, May 17, 2014

DAY SIX PRESCOTT, AZ TO COTTONWOOD, AZ

I thought climbing was done for a while but I was wrong.  The ride today was only 44 miles but it was another grueling day of climbing.  Today we summited Mingus Mountain at 7,000 + feet.  Going up usually means a good down on the back side and today was no exception.  The downhill was amazing.  Speeds reached into the 40's and the views were spectacular.  We stopped at the HAUNTED HAMBURGER in the little town of Jerome, Az.  I had a burger that was even better than Cherry Street.  Having burned more than 7,000 calories on the climb, I could have had two burgers.

We reached our hotel in Cottonwood to find a gathering of Vulcan Motorcycle owners (about 100 of them) that meet each year and go on a group ride.  We were glad to have our room on the back side of the building, away from the pool, and the late night party.

Michelle is still rehabbing the knee.  She got in to see another orthopedist today.  He ordered an MRI that she'll have in Flagstaff tomorrow.  This test will show exactly what's going on in the knee.  I need my riding partner back!

Keep pedaling,

Michael & Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment