Monday, May 26, 2014

DAY 16. SANTA FE, NM TO LAS VEGAS, NM

Today we climbed to the highest point of the tour at just over 7,500 feet.  Again, we were blasted by head winds for much of the ride.

I've been trying to recall this 75 mile ride but all that comes to mind is GINNY MAE'S.  We pulled into a service station to use the rest room.  Outside was a tent with a sign, Ginny Mae's donuts.  The donuts were rolling off the rudimentary assembly line and then Ginny and her husband would dip them into powdered sugar or cinnamon and sugar.  These were mini donuts that you could pop in your mouth whole.  I purchased a dozen for $3.00.  I gave some to my cycling partners but probably ate 6-8 myself.  They were great!

I promise more pictures shortly.

I miss my cycling partner.

Best,

Michael




Don't leave home without it!



No comments:

Post a Comment