Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 20. Guymon, NM to Liberal, Ks

Our ride was only 39 miles today.  A short day was welcome after traveling almost 300 miles in the last 3 days.

We started out 2 hours later this morning.  Here's a picture of the "lead out team",  Chuck, Joann, Tim, Me, Herm.



Eighteen miles into the ride we arrived in Hooker, Ok.  


We crossed our 5th State line today from Oklahoma into Kansas. 


This afternoon we visited the Air Space Museum here in Liberal.  The museum showcased planes from all eras, they even exhibited a Beachcraft Bonanza "v" tail like the one my neighbor Rob Lewis used to own.

Back to the regular mileage tomorrow.
Good news....Michelle went out for a 20 mile ride with Carlos (Podium) and had very little discomfort.  She's riding 45 miles with the Podium group tomorrow.  I hope she has the same results.

Best,

Michael


1 comment:

  1. This photo brings back some memories. I actually had my first X-C solo in a Beech Musketeer from Liberal to Bridgeport in 1964. As I recall, the Musketeers were built in Liberal and was my dad's first plane and only plane prior to the Bonanza.

    ReplyDelete